Saturday, October 14, 2006

An afternoon at IIT,Chennai campus

Today was an alumni meet of IITians from all 7 IITs along with their families at IIT,Chennai and since my dad is an alumni of IIT-Kharagpur.. I thought I would spend my Saturday evening there. So, the meet was scheduled around 3 p.m. The alumni meet mainly involved the discussion of two main topics namely contribution of IIT to the society and Motivation of IIT grads to takeup Entrepreneurship. It was an interesting meeting with the presence of several well known names including Prof Ananth,Director of IIT Madras .While discussions were going on in one side.. there was a carnival going at the other end with some fun stalls.There was a stall on Mehendi(so my Diwali Mehendi is finished here) and an interesting stall on having your name written in rice and made into a key chain(unfortunately due to lack of time could not get hold of this). Once the discussions were over there were a variety of cultural events by IIT students including a wonderful classical flute performance followed by a dance by the girls team and ear-blocking metal songs by the IIT Rock band.Next came dinner, which was good and filling.The people who attended the meet were mainly those who had graduated from the instituition some 30-40 years back and here and there I could see some recent pass outs.Somehow when I went into the campus, I got a motivation that if I am gonna b doing my post graduation it would only be in this prestigious institute and follow the footsteps of my father.

No comments: